Monday, June 9, 2014

My favorite book

"Where Men Win Glory" by Jon Krakauer is my favorite book I have ever read. It is a true story about a football player named Pat Tillman who gave up his career to fight for our country. He was killed by friendly fire during his time in Afganistan. This is my favorite book because it is a mix of my two favorite things to read about, war and sports.

The book talks a lot about Pat's football career. His time in high school, college and his short time in the NFL. I really enjoyed learning about how great of a player he was because when he played I was very young and I didn't really pay attention to the NFL. I also really liked the war aspect of the book. It was very interesting to learn about the government cover up of the killing and how the truth came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment